AESA is a loose acronym that stands for Academic Excellence for the Scholar, Athlete, and Artist.
The acronym is also used in API’s sister school, a physical ‘brick-and-mortar’ private college prep school located in Austin, TX. USA.
API is SACS Accredited (the same accreditation earned by the University of Texas at Austin) which is awarded by AdvancED ; the premier educational accreditation organization in the world.
API is also NCAA Approved, meaning for any student-athlete seeking to play a NCAA sport at a college or university in the United States, he or she will be able to. Many online schools are NOT NCAA approved, meaning non-NCAA approved credits earned by students will not be accepted by the NCAA and those students ultimately will not be eligible to participate in NCAA sports.
API currently serves students grades 9th – 12th (American grade-level system). API is currently developing content for grades 6th – 8th.
API has average 10 : 1 student-teacher ratio.
Quick, effective, and constant communication between teachers and students is the foundation of API’s philosophy and overall effectiveness.
API curricula is based on standards endorsed by American federal educational organizations such as The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, English, and Science. API curricula is also focused on SAT and TOEFL preparedness standards. Also and most importantly, AESA curricula and policy adheres to AdvancEd and NCAA standards and guidelines.
API fosters critical-thinking skills, superior writing skills, teamwork and collaboration between teachers and fellow classmates.
- Texas A&M University at College Station (scholarshipped), (acceptance)
- The University of Texas at Austin
- The Air Force Academy ( acceptance = all expenses covered)
- Texas Tech University (scholarshipped)
- The University of Southern California (scholarshipped)
- The University of New Mexico (scholarshipped)
- The University of Southern Mississippi (scholarshipped)
- The University of Virginia (scholarshipped)
- Trinity University (scholarshipped)
- St. Edward’s University (scholarshipped)
- Quinnipiac University (scholarshipped)
- George Fox University (scholar shipped)
- Chapman University (offered admittance and scholarship)
- Emory University (offered admittance and scholarship)
- Rhodes College (scholarshipped)
- The Naval Academy at Annapolis (offered admittance)
- Roanoke College (scholarshipped)
- Savannah College of Art and Design (scholarshipped)
- Texas State University
- Concordia University of Montreal Canada (scholarshipped)
- The University of Alabama (offered admittance)
- The University of Oregon (offered admittance and scholarship)
- LSU (offered admittance and scholarship)
- The University of Oklahoma
- The University of Arkansas (offered admittance)
- Oklahoma State University
Yes, the Australian Shepard! The AESA Aussies and is represented by two actual Australian Shepards, Blue and Diesel!